Now that spring is here, it’s time to do some regular household maintenance. Going through this HVAC spring cleaning checklist is a great way to ensure that your home is ready for the warmer weather. Follow these easy steps to improve your air conditioning system’s cooling system and save money on your utility bill each month! Want to make a big difference without having to do any work on your own part? One simple place to start is to hire J.R. Air Duct Cleaning! We provide residential and commercial duct cleaning in Bergen, Essex, and Passaic County in New Jersey. We also offer dry vent cleaning as well. Contact us now to schedule an appointment or get a free quote!
Ultimate Guide to Spring Cleaning Your HVAC Unit
Besides having your HVAC ducts cleaned, there are a number of other things to do to improve your system’s longevity and energy efficiency. Let’s break it down!
- Change your air filters — Dirty filters need to be replaced regularly, to enable unrestricted airflow.
- Dust and wash ceiling fan blades — It sounds simple, but it can be tricky to do it without making a mess!
- Upgrade your thermostat — Getting a smart thermostat if you don’t already have one is a worthwhile investment for saving money by more accurately controlling the temperature in your house throughout the day.
- Clean floor registers and ceiling vents — Buildup of dust and other materials should be removed to optimize your system.
- Consider getting an air purifier — Want better air this season? If allergies are a problem or you have a new pet in the house that is leaving excess dander everywhere, getting an air purifier installed in your HVAC system is a great investment, especially for this time of year.
- Clean around your AC unit — Remove any dead leaves, dirt, weeds, or branches on or around your AC unit. This helps to ensure that adequate airflow is not disrupted.
- Check the drain line — Your AC unit’s drain line can have excess moisture built up. You shouldn’t see lots of water when you check it, but if there is no water at all, it may be a sign that it is clogged.
- Schedule spring maintenance — Hire a professional HVAC company to perform routine air conditioning maintenance for the areas of your system you can’t do yourself.
Air Duct Cleaning Services in New Jersey
Does the air in your home or office smell strange? Is your residential or commercial dryer failing to dry clothes properly? J.R. Air Duct is here to help. We provide comprehensive support for everything to do with your air ducts and dryer vents in or around Hackensack. Do you have a question or would like to receive a free quote? Contact us now!