There’s no doubt your home can get pretty dirty. Between the dogs, cats, kids, parakeets, visitors, and just coming and going a dozen times a day, your home can be a magnet for dirt, grime, and dust. So what are some ways you can reduce dust from accumulating in your home? J.R. Air Duct Cleaning offers residential and commercial air duct cleaning as well as residential and commercial dryer vent cleaning in Bergen, Essex, and Passaic Counties. In this blog post, we’ll offer up tips on how you can reduce dust in your home. Contact us today for all your air duct cleaning needs!
5 TIPS TO REDUCE DUST IN YOUR HOME
- Regularly clean your home. When your life gets busy, house cleaning can be the first area to suffer in lieu of other activities. J.R. Air Duct Cleaning urges you to try and stay on top of your house cleaning in order to regularly rid your home of dust bunnies. Investing in a top-quality residential cleaning service can help.
- Change your sheets once a week. Another chore that often gets put by the wayside when you’re busy, changing out your sheets will keep dust down. In the course of one day, you lose about one million skin cells, which accumulates to dust. If you have more than one living, breathing person or animal in your home, you can do the math on that one. In order to handle all these dead cells, dust mites live in your home, gobbling up these dead skin cells. Dust mites can cause allergens to build up, and they love to live in your bed where you spend on average eight hours a day, rubbing skin cells off.
- Declutter your home. The less objects lying around your home, the less items there are to collect dust build up. Toys, books, magazines, and your kids’ backpacks all are dust-magnets. Store them away to help keep dust down.
- Beat your rugs. Beating rugs is not just for those whose vacuum cleaner is broken. When you beat your rugs out, you remove any residual dirt and dust your vacuum may have behind. Simply take your rug outdoors to a well-ventilated area, fold it in half over a clothesline or banister, and beat away (you’ll be surprised how much better you feel afterwards!).
- Mop the floors. Mopping the floors will pick up any residual dust and dirt left behind after you’ve vacuumed.
J.R. Air Duct Cleaning serves the greater Hackensack area with residential and commercial air duct and dryer vent services. We are passionate about helping to make your home clean and allergen-free. By implementing some of the tips above, you’ll cut down significantly on the amount of dust in your home, which will help your overall health and well-being. In addition, by having your air ducts and dryer ducts regularly cleaned, you’ll help keep your air clean as well, which cuts down on colds in the winter. Keep you and your family healthy with residential air duct cleaning and dryer vent cleaning services. Call us today!